If we were meeting in real life, I would saying a long, Mrs. Doubtfire-inspired “helloooooooo” to you. So glad you’re here. But I wouldn’t hug you. Nothing against you- I am just not a hugger. My name is Katie Van Dyk (formerly Hardeman) and this blog is full of my confessions and lessons.
It’s a place where I write about God’s plans, boogers, raisins, book recommendations, cat puke, getting old, singleness, tapeworms, evolution, farts, being an aunt, coaching, awkward hugs, public bathrooms, doubting God, and eye contact . But mostly this is a space where I confess to strange things I do, think, and say and a place where I share the lessons God is continually teaching me (mainly so I don’t forget them).
If you’re curious why I chose the title “Crusading with Katie,” HERE is an explanation.
And if you’re curious about the type of confessions I make, here are 20 quick ones to serve as an introduction:
2. I was 31 before I had my first kiss. (We were married a few months later)
3. When I am hungry or tired, I
sometimes often snap at the people I love the most. Also, this deck is the scene where one brother secretly filmed my other brother as he threw a pancake at my face. He threw it so hard that I cried. On camera. I was 30 years old.
4. I am a bit of a Jesus freak.
6. I was 17 when I finally learned that a “girl cheese sandwich” is actually called a “GRILLED cheese.”
7. My highlights from playing collegiate basketball include missing the game winning shot of my last game and yelling, “LIAR!” at an opponent. For the record, I was quoting Legally Blonde.
9. I have peed my pants as an adult multiple times. In public.
10. I’ve been told I look like the White Witch from Narnia and Kevin Bacon.
12. I completely rely on Facebook when it comes to remembering birthdays.
13. I dropped out of seminary.
15. While on our honeymoon in Greece, I took lots of cat pictures. Paul was more than just a little grossed out when I picked them up.
16. My alien voice comes out more often than it probably should.
17. Some days I prefer books to humans.
18. I have been accused of walking like a gorilla and have little control of my arms, as evidenced here:
Above is the scene of a choreographed flashmob with the wedding party. I practiced for weeks and still messed it up.
19. I can blow bubbles of spit off my tongue.
20. I am an over sharer. As you’ve witnessed in this “About the Author” section, I offer way too much information about myself. It’s a problem. But hopefully a somewhat entertaining problem since a lot of this blog is me confessing.
Stick around a bit and feel free to confess any “me too” moments and confessions of your own:)